Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hello Campaigners, Check out this Pitch Contest

Melodie Wright, on Forever Rewriting is hosting a pitch contest with EMLA agent Tricia Lawrence.
Even though my MS is nowhere NEAR ready to enter into any contests. I love to read the entries and try to convince everyone I know to enter.
She will read the query/250-word submissions between Feb. 13-17. Since her agency does not accept unsolicited queries - here's your chance!

Read the interview here to find out more about what she's looking for.

Campaign
This announcement is going to more than my usual (few|) readers because...  DunnnnDunuDA!
The Fourth Campaign has begun! Rachel Harrie has decided to host an extra mini-campaign and I'm thankful she has. It's great to find new friends. For those of you who didn't know about this campaign, there's still plenty of time to join.

Thanks for stopping by campaign buddies. As a way to get to know you I'll ask a question at the end of each post. It might be relevant to the post some of the time, but I'm sure the questions will be mostly random. Everyone's welcome to answer (campaign or not).

Very Random Question:

Where were you when you had your first kiss?

11 comments:

  1. Hello there fellow campaigner! We're in the same group. I'm looking forward to learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This campaign has been so much fun! My first kiss? As cliche as it is, on the doorstep to my house, LOL... but it was magic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this campaign already! My first kiss? I was at youth camp, sitting underneath a bridge. The kiss was perfectly awful! He had no idea what he was doing and neither did I. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a great way to start the campaign!

    First kiss, sunny day (believe it or not!) at the then-lovely park by my house. It was pretty funny actually because I was trying my best not to let on that I had no idea what I was doing!

    Also, same group! Looking forward to the other questions already! (I've got the silliest grin on my face lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following, Emily. I'm following you back. :)

    My first kiss was...at a friend's house and I thought it was yucky, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up about the pitch contest (even though I don't think I'm quite in a position to enter it either.) As for my first kiss... well not counting the time I kissed a girl in kindergarten (even though I turned out to be straight) my first real kiss happened in eighth grade, right outside of my school, and it wasn't bad at all considering that the boy it involved turned out to be... not so straight... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily, I'm a new follower and also in the New Adult/Crossover group for the platform building campaign. It's my first campaign and I'm really looking forward to it. I think I was in the playground at primary school when I had my first kiss, but it wasn't very memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized I asked all of you to share but didn't tell me story:
    I was 17, just around grad time. The kiss was a long time coming so I'm pretty sure he planned it all out. We were in a park in a valley near downtown with a stream and trees and an amazing view of the skyscrapers. We watched the sun set and then the city light up. It was beautiful.

    j. kaary - How funny. Sounds like a one tree hill episode (if the characters were younger)

    Tizzy - that's so young. I thought boys at that age were scared of girls and cooties. Although I do remember some holding hands with girls and giving them ring-pop proposals.

    Sherri&Komal - and the funny thing is, how would you know any better? As far as you knew kissing must just be that gross. Why did people make out so much then? Although, I think under a bridge would be a cool place.

    Patricia - aw. I remember that, trying to act cool, like this wasn't totally freaking me out.

    Morgan - I think that's a great place. I can just imagine the young gentleman kissing you at the door. Who even notices where you are when it is that amazing.

    Southpaw - Thanks for stopping by. It's fun having campaigners around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to meet you! I'm a new campaigner.

    Hmmm, first kiss. In my house. Mom out of town :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from a fellow campaigner. First kiss? I'm actually not sure. I remember lots of kisses and don't remember which one was my first. I guess they all seemed like first kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from the Urban Fantasy Group! ^_^ My first kiss was on his birthday in his room! lol <3

    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete