Friday, February 24, 2012

Oh Dear, I Caught the Virus

There's something going around - and it's spreading faster than any virus I've seen.This tagging game has hit EVERYONE almost. At first when I saw the posts going around I thought, oh no, I'll have to do this too and be like everyone else. Then, when it had been a couple weeks and I still hadn't been tagged I thought, what the heck? What about me?
But now that I am tagged (twice) I realize just how much work it all is.
Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side. Haha.

My answers to many of the questions are so long winded (with pictures) they could make up their own post. That's what gave me the idea to spread them across a few days. I know nobody reads an anthology in one sitting. So I'll start with the easy ones. These first few questions are from Melanie at Daydreamer to Writer.
1. What’s your favorite book genre?

Can I just say speculative fiction? If I try to be more specific then I think … low fantasy with a strong love story.

2. Are there any beloved books that you don’t really enjoy?

I tried reading Lord of the Rings but it was torture. Maybe if I made myself suffer through the first bit it would get better? I’ll never know. At least I can cheat by watching the movies.

3. What was your favorite class in school?
Sorry Melanie but I hated history classes and social studies. Even though I found learning about past/different cultures so interesting my grades were horrible because my brain doesn’t remember dates and names at all. My favourite class was drama. I’ve always been a drama geek. The best was in university when I took a directing class and got to boss people around. My second favourite class was script writing (of course).

4. You’re stranded on an island that has plenty of food and water, but no electricity or way to contact the outside world. But you have one object of your choice with you. What is it?

Am I allowed to say my husband? He’d be the most handy thing to have. He can start a fire, cook, fish, and build an awesome shelter (I would help him of course). AND he's nice to look at.
Now what would he want on the island . . . a machete?

5. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be? Why?

Mmmmmm... I would be an eagle. I think it would be amazing to fly everywhere you go. Plus, eagles are predators and I don't want to be anyone's prey. If such a thing were real then I would be a huge golden eagle like from rescuers down under.

6. If you were the main character of a book, what genre would it be?

If someone were to read about my life they might be more interested in my new adult life, between the ages of 17-22. That's when most of the drama, funny, life learning events happened (unless they want a book about my kids) so then I would just call it "LDS Contemporary" (maybe young adult?)


I think I'll save the other answers from this list until later, along with the answers to Carrie-Anne's questions.

What are your answers to some of these questions?
I haven't tagged anyone yet but I'm interested to see what you think in the comments.


1 comment: